ACCLXT Registration Examination
Refer to the ACCLXT Registration Examination Handbook for information and policies (Please check back - 2020 Handbook Coming Soon).
The credentialing of professionals requires an assessment of a candidate’s professional competence. The ACCLXT Registration Examination is a means by which the College can assess the knowledge, skills and attitudes of candidates and assure the public that all individuals registered as CLXT’s have met the entry-level standard of practice. The Registration Examination is required by Alberta Government legislation.
June 11, 2020
- application deadline for Accommodation: April 24, 2020
- application deadline for Exam Sitting: May 8, 2020
September 17, 2020
- application deadline for Accommodation: July 31, 2020
- application deadline for Exam Sitting: August 14, 2020
December 3, 2020
- application deadline for Accommodation: October 16, 2020
- application deadline for Exam Sitting: November 2, 2020
- Successfully completed the clinical portions and currently enrolled in the practical portion of the NAIT Combined Laboratory and X-Ray Program. Unofficial transcript of marks required.
- Successfully completed both the clinical and practical portions of the NAIT Combined Laboratory and X-Ray Program. Official transcript of marks required.
- Successfully completed an approved course of equivalent standards (i.e. SASK Polytech– Saskatchewan graduates). Official transcript of marks required.
- Successfully completed a Refresher Program as approved by the ACCLXT. Proof of successful completion of refresher program required.
- An approved request from ACCLXT to reactivate your CLXT status. Copy of ACCLXT Registrar’s approval required.
Refer to the ACCLXT Registration Examination Handbook (above) for:
- General Information and Policies
- Application Guidelines and Process
- What to expect on Exam day
- Post Exam day, Results and Attempt Limits
Applications are submitted online. Visit the MyACCLXT database to sign up or login and click on "Exam Candidate" to begin your application.
Once you have submitted your application:
- Your application status will remain "Submitted" until reviewed by the College.
- If you do not meet the requirements your application may be declined. Any payment received by the College will be refunded according to policy as outlined in the handbook.
- Your invoice will be available for payment once your application is approved.
- Your eligibility to write the Exam is not finalized until payment has been received in full. If payment is not received you will be ineligible to write.
A Temporary registration may be issued to:
- A prospective registrant who needs to challenge and pass the ACCLXT Registration Examination to complete registration requirements to obtain an Active registration and permit with the ACCLXT.
- Students who have completed their training and have the opportunity of employment as a CLXT prior to challenging the ACCLXT Registration Examination.
- Candidates who are currently completing a mandated refresher program in order to be eligible for reinstatement into the ACCLXT.
Note: You will not have the ability to apply for a Temporary Permit until your ACCLXT Registration Examination application has been approved and paid in full.
Have you secured employment and are looking for more information on obtaining an ACCLXT Temporary Permit prior to challenging the ACCLXT Registration Examination? Click here for more information and requirements.
If you did not receive a pass grade on your exam you will be notified by ACCLXT with the next steps to complete your application for re-write.